Thursday, January 8, 2009

Snow!!!

Jules hates the snow. I knew this the first time it snowed and I made her touch it, which she would not do. She doesn't mind it when it is snowing and it's falling on her but if she has to touch it or walk it in, it's a whole different story. So yesterday when it was nice and sunny I took her outside to see if we could change that. I put her on a sled and we went down this tiny little hill and she screamed the whole time. I tried to pull her on it and she screamed. I tried to make her touch it and she screamed. I threw her in it and of course she screamed, it was as high as her stomach. So I figured it was hopeless and I don't like the stuff so much so we were going to go inside and she did not want to. The only thing I could think of was to make a snowman. I didn't have any gloves on so this is all we could do before my hands froze. She loved the snowman and looks at it through the window all day. I think her favorite part was the raisins we used as the eyes and mouth. I couldn't even get her to look at the camera because she just wanted to eat the raisins.
Of course if you know Jules, you know she isn't stingy with her kisses. Here she is trying to kiss him but of course she didn't because then she would have to touch the snow.

We haven't had this much snow since I was a little kid. I just want her to have memories of the snow and having so much of it. It really is pretty.

In my opinion, the only good thing about the snow and the cold is that I really enjoy nice weather when we get it. It really is like Satan to me. You have to have opposition like evil=snow to enjoy the good=nice weather.

8 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

What a cute snowman! I think the snow is pretty and I actually kind of want to play in it but I don't own ANY snow clothes. So I can't. :) I'll get over it. Oh wait, I just did.

Jennifer said...

That's funny. I think evil = summer and good = winter!!! I am from MN though.

Jodi said...

Her pucker face is so cute!!

Bridget said...

That is soooo funny that she hates snow so much! Boston run around in it in his underwear if I'd let him. Boys and girls are so different, haha.
I didn't mean to start a party on facebook, I thought I was putting together a group, lol, so I need to change it. But we have had one couple interested in our house from it. We aren't really stressed about selling it because we love it and the lot, but we figured we'd try to sell it before Tagg gets here to join the party. :) I hope that you guys can find a great house soon too though!

Meredith said...

Yeah, if you ask for Heather to stop in after your ultra sounds she should be able to swing in. She's really sweet- you'll like her. :)

Lindy said...

Stacey,
I'm sorry you felt overwhelmed. If you want any help I would love to give it. I will be making my plans this week and can call you if you would like some ideas as to where to start and where to go from there. I am in no way a professional, but I will be doing this with my sisters and if you want to join, you are more than welcome. Love ya! Lindy

Jennifer said...

I want to see a belly pic! I miss you!!

The Gurney Family said...

What cute pictures! I love the one where she is looking face to face with the snowman. Perfect!