Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Boy or Girl

So all the kids in Brett's family have one of each gender to begin with. In my family, we've all had girls first and if we have more than 1 kid, we have another girl. So did we follow my family's tradition or Brett's family?

Let me just start by saying that up until about a week ago, I really didn't care what we were having. A girl would be cheap since we have Jules' stuff, but a boy would be fun and different. So since last week, I have kind of really wanted a boy and thought it was a boy. It has been a different pregnancy but my doctor reminded me that every pregnancy is different and not to count on that.

Let's just say this little girl is a stinker. It took about 20 minutes for her to open her legs enough for us to find out that it was a girl. I saw a tail bone first and thought it was a boy because it looked like the little turtle. Brett saw the 3 lines first and announced it was a girl. The lady doing the ultrasound just laughed because Brett had proudly announced at first that he thought it was a boy, but he was the first to see it was a girl. She made sure he ate his words. So there you have it. We followed my family tradition. Now my parents will have 10 granddaughters and still only have 2 blood grandsons. The Wilson's will now have 11 girls and 7 boys. Not an even amount but much better than my family.

13 comments:

Jodi said...

Congrats - It will be fun to see how alike or different they are! How fun...:)

:: ashley :: said...

How fun! Congrats, I've always wanted them in groups, like 2 boys, or 2 girls. Now you gotta figure another girl name!

Ron and Cheryl Pierce said...

I'm glad you followed in our footsteps and had 2 girls. We wouldn't want you to be different from the rest of us. Congrats and Jules will just love having a sister!

Jennifer said...

AWESOME!Anothrt litle girl!!

Meredith said...

Wahoo! I knew it!! That is so exciting. Well, if she is anything like Jules we know that she will be absolutely adorable. :)

Kelsey said...

Yay! 2 girls will be fun. I'm super glad I had 2 boys in a row because I didn't have to buy much for this second one. Congratulations!! :)

Ashley Willoughby said...

Yeah another cute little Wilson girl!

Bridget said...

Jules will be such a cute big sister. Have you picked out a name?

Melissa said...

I think she's going to look JUST like Jules! Congrats you two!!

rhodesfamily said...

i'm so excited for you-that's perfect! i can't believe you're that far along already! hope you're feeling great! :) meg

The Critchfields said...

congrats!

Lil' Wall Fam said...

Your having a baby! Congrats i didnt know.

Katy said...

Yay for girls!