Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dr. Gordon

So I wasn't super close to my OB/GYN but I sure liked him a lot. Last week as we were reading our friends blog, we found out that he had passed away that week. I was super sad about it but not as sad as when I went into the office for my check-up today. First of all, pregnant women are emotional. When I see any adult crying, I cry. Doesn't matter what they are crying about, I am always a social crier but not as much as when I'm prego. Today as I walked into the office, they had programs from his services with a great picture of him on the front. You could just see the happiness in his eyes even though he had been struggling with Lou Gehrig's disease. They had another picture of him on the wall and it was just sobering. I couldn't help but tear up and was so embarrassed by it. I know he is in a happier place and for that I am happy for him. He had a full and complete life and helped so many people. What a great example. I am so grateful for the gospel and that he can be with his family again.

As far as progress of the baby, everything is going great. We find out what we are having on January 20th. I'm still not showing, just getting a little thicker around the stomach area. I'm surprised by it too because I feel like I am eating all day long.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Sorry to hear that! I echo you on the social crying- I seem to do it a lot now that I am pregnant! I never knew I could be this emotional ha! It's nice to know someone else is not showing yet either, everyone keeps telling me how small I am. But I am eating tons! But I am feeling the thicker around the stomach as well. We will have to have some play dates with you & kelsey this summer. we have a pool in our community, so we can put the babies in the shade and swim around. I think that sounds great- its nice to know someone else is as far along as I am. And we are due may 25th but another doctor looked at me and thinks I am due may 17th. So we will just have to see! =)

Tasha said...

Ha! Sorry that was someone else you asked when my due date was! well- there's some unneeded information for you as well right?! =)

Meredith said...

I can't wait to find out what you're having! What do you guys think it is?