Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

Well, Christmas has come and gone. The decorations have been put away until next year and we are all healthy. I say that only because Jules got the flu for Christmas. For a while now, I was anticipating her excitement when she opened her presents and I got nothing, no excitement, no happiness...nothing.
Ok, she was a little happy to get this candy but it was during a white elephant game and we traded it for something else and that didn't make her very happy.
Here she is opening her pajamas on Christmas Eve, she also got those cute slippers.
This is Christmas morning after we woke up to vomit all over her crib. She got the most excited about some "ucker" (suckers) I had put in a little tupperware pitcher she got. You can also see the new 52" HDTV Brett got for his birthday, which just happens to be Christmas Eve.
We got her a toilet seat in hopes that she will get potty trained soon. I don't want to buy diapers for 2 so we better get on it; we only have 5 months left. (BTW, we find out what we are having on Jan. 20.)
Lately, she loves to hide and close her eyes. She also loves to put things over her eyes so she can't see. I don't know where she gets these ideas but I love them.
This is after she got dressed and with most of her presents. It wasn't much but we have been so blessed that she doesn't need much. She would have been happy with nothing for all she cared.
This is Jules about 30 minutes ago before I put her in bed. It's nice to see her smiling again and almost back to herself. This flu was a nasty one and lasted for almost a whole week. We are very happy to see it pass and just pray that we don't get it. Sorry for all those that got it from her.

As for me, Brett totally surprised me with a new camera. I bought my old one right when I got home from my mission almost 4 years ago. It works fine but it was time for a new one and I couldn't have been happier about it. I have really been wanting one for a while but never really complained about it because we have been looking for a house and I want that more. By the way, we didn't get that house we were waiting on. That makes 3 houses now that haven't accepted our offers. I guess I just haven't learned my lesson on patience yet.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful Christmas! Thanks for the pics and stories. Glad to hear that Jules is feeling better. What kind of camera did you get? Better post about it!

Ashley said...

Stacie-
I love Jules hair cut. She is getting so big. I am excited to find out what you are having. I still don't know what my GMA is doing with her house. And don't worry you aren't the only one trying to learn patience in getting a house. We are in the same boat. At least your not living with your in-laws. I would love to see you. We should really try and do lunch. Take care. Ashley

Meredith said...

Poor little thing- sick on Christmas! She still looks dang cute in the pictures though. She is growing up so fast!