Friday, November 28, 2008

Secrets

So if anyone knows me really well they know that I can't keep a secret very well. If someone has told me something confidential or someone else has a secret then I can do it for them but if it's my own secret I'm not too good at it. That's why I'm pretty darn proud of myself for keeping my pregnancy a secret for more than 2 months. That's right...I'm pregnant and Jules is going to be a BIG SISTER. I am due June 4th. (if you can't read the shirt it says "i'm going to be a big sister")

So this is the how we told our families that I was pregnant. It took them a while to actually read the shirt but when they did they were all surprised and excited. We had told everyone that we were going to start trying after my half marathon. The marathon came up really quickly and I started getting scared that it would be hard to get pregnant and I didn't want family asking every week, so we decided to tell them that we were going to wait until we got a house. We still got questions all the time but just lied through our teeth pretty much. We were able to get pregnant right away and found out in mid-September. Last time we told family right away and the pregnancy lasted forever. This time we decided to wait until Thanksgiving. Brett really wanted to wait for Christmas but like I said... I can't keep a secret so Thanksgiving was long enough for me. We had our first appointment a few weeks ago and everything is looking good. This pregnancy has been a lot easier (not that Jules was hard). The biggest complaint is that I'm tired a lot but that's pretty normal. Jules loves babies and is pretty excited...we hope.


This is after our Thanksgiving dinner with Brett's family. This is Rob and Brett throwing the kids up in the air.

Needless to say, they loved it. I do have to admit that I didn't keep it a secret from everyone so there are a lot of you that already knew. It was the hardest keeping it away from family and that's the part that I am proud of. I just have to say that when I first got pregnant there were 13 other people that were pregnant at the same time. Since then about 5 of them have had their babies, namely, Melissa, Jen, Kelsey, Kaye, Chantell, and Jamie is going to pop any day.

18 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh congrats to you! That is such wonderful news. If you're like me, you'll spend most of the pregnancy wondering what you were ever thinking :) But having a second baby is so wonderful, and I hope Jules just loves it so much!

The Critchfields said...

Congratulations Stacey- I am so happy for you!!

Meredith said...

Yay Stacey! That's great- I'm so excited for you!

Rebecca said...

I am so so excited for you. I have had a really hard time not commenting before now but I did it. Congrats, congrats.

:: ashley :: said...

Congrats! I bet Jules will love a little baby to have around!

heidi said...

Congrats!
It was so fun to hang with you last week. Dress shopping was so much fun with you!! You guys are fabulous and Jules is SO fun!

rhodesfamily said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!! i'm so excited for you! you're right about everyone being pregnant at once. i swear, mav was the only one born in 2007. he'll have no friends his age :) how are you feeling? meg

Tasha said...

its nice to know someone else is in my same stage and not showing yet! =) i felt like the odd ball! how exciting!

Ashley Willoughby said...

Hi Stace! Congratulations...I was so excited to read that you are having another baby. Let's plan a get together, I'd love to see you!

Heather said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting..if you wait until June 5, that is our birthday!! Thanks for dress shopping. I am so glad you came and helped. Thanks for all your great ideas too...Im sure we will be picking your brain more!!

Melissa said...

I love baby news. Congrats you guys! I'm sure she'll be a DOLL. And yes, my guess is another girl!


Oh - and Heidi and Heather - INVITE ME TO YOUR BLOGS! I don't know how to contact you, but send me a link: makopp47@yahoo.com

Janae Walker said...

yeah for being pregnant! that is so exciting :) you know that elisha is pregnant, right?! just making sure! so, do you want a boy or girl?

Ron and Cheryl Pierce said...

I'm glad you are finally telling people so I don't have to keep it a secret either! I can't wait to see my new neice or nephew. In our family it will probably be a neice.

Meredith said...

I know! It makes me so sad to think that we don't get to meet with him again. They are doing a memorial service that is open to the public on Saturday. The details should be in the paper. It's so sad.

Stephanie Salmon said...

My two brothers that have kids were with their in-laws. So it was just a nice quiet dinner with all of us who don't have kids.

Ashley said...

Stacey-
I am so proud of you for keeping your secret. I am so excited for you. I can't wait to find out what your having. I am not sure how much they are asking for the house, but I will find out. It needs some work done. Like new paint and carpet, but we liked it so I will let yah know when I find out. We really need to get together. The Birch's will be back up in December. We should get together. By the way, did you see Twilight??

Kelly said...

WAHOOO!!! CONGRATS!!

Andrew and Andrea Caldwell said...

I am even worse at keeping it a secret. I can't. I am way excited for you. So you are due the same time as Angie & Craig and just before me!