Sunday, April 19, 2009

More Easter and House

The other day when it was nice and beautiful I went outside of our apartment and the house across the street had about 6 big beautiful trees with pink blossoms. I thought to myself that I really wanted one of those trees at my house one day. Later that same day we had to go over to the new house for some reason and this is what I discovered we had in our front yard. I was so happy. Unfortunately a few days later we got a nasty snow storm and broke a few of the branches off but it's still bright and beautiful. This was taken after the storm so as you can see, everything will be okay. It still just needs a little shaping and pruning.
Pictures of the front of the house like I promised.

We were going to celebrate Easter last Saturday with my family but the weather was horrible and it was freezing. We postponed it until yesterday. The weather was perfect and Jules did so well. Brett walked around with her but she would get the eggs and place them in her bag.



My dad took Jules on a four wheeler ride on Saturday and she loved it. He got it out again yesterday for a minute and took her out again with my nephew but he went a lot faster and she was terrified. Good old uncle Sterling took her around again a lot slower so she wouldn't be so scared for the future.
We also did the traditional money toss for Easter. My dad stands on a ladder and throws crisp one dollar bills in the air and we all fight for the money. It's not as easy as it sounds. It works perfectly if there is a slight breeze and there was yesterday. It does get pretty violent but I still participated being 7 1/2 months pregnant. I did it when I was pregnant with Jules and she turned out okay so I figured "why not". We were too busy catching money to take any pictures of it, but just know that we had fun.
Yesterday was also my birthday and for my birthday we get to move into our house this week...yay! Ok, it's not for my birthday, it just happens to fall close to it so I am a very happy birthday girl. I did have a great day, thanks to Brett for changing all the diapers yesterday and having a wonderful meal with all my family and a yummy dessert and best of all it was perfect weather. Having a spring birthday and living in Utah you never know how the weather is going to turn out. Brett and I did get to go out to a nice dinner on Friday also so that was fun. Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone. I'm still trying to decide how to spend my birthday money.

8 comments:

Jodi said...

The house looks great - I'm excited to see it in "real life"! Glad you had a good birthday - you can spend your b-day money on something fun for the house!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You got into your home! How good does that feel huh? I'm excited for you! And Happy late Birthday!

Bridget said...

Yay! You get to move in so soon! I hope all of the pack and unpacking goes smoothly and you get settled before your baby comes. :)
Hahaha, I love hearing about your fam, you guys always have so much with everything. It's no wonder we always hung out at your place all the time.

Janae Walker said...

i am jealous that you guys are moving into a house, but so excited for you! feliz aniversario!!!! oh and i love the picture in my head of you fighting for flying money...it's too hilarious!

Meredith said...

I love those blossoms....it reminds me of spring in PA- blossoms everywhere!! I hope that everything in the new house is going well!

Ashley Willoughby said...

I love your house! Yeah!

Jason said...

Yeah! We're excited for you to be able to own your very own house! Congrats, and can't wait to see it:)
Elisha

Heather said...

So cute!!! I cant believe how big Jules is...and I cant believe you are due so soon!! I hope we can see you guys soon. Love ya