Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day


I know I'm a little late with Father's Day and all but I did want to say how much I appreciate Brett. He is a great dad and a great husband. Here are a few pictures that I love of Brett and Jules. I know you've already seen some of these but they are just cute so you have to see them again.
How sweet is that?
This weekend we took Jules swimming for the first time. She didn't hate it but didn't love it. She was just calm the whole time and had fun.
We just went to the apartment complex we used to live and work at. It's kind of a social hang out for college students but just kept to ourselves and had fun.


I just want to vent a little. I'm getting really frustrated with the job market around here. Brett had a job but was always looking for something more because it didn't offer the family benefits we need. Finally he and his boss talked and since Brett wasn't happy there, they decided not to waste each other's time so he stopped working there at the beginning of the week. He has had some interviews but they are all the same, "You don't have enough experience". My question to all of you is, how the heck are you supposed to get experience if nobody will hire you? He graduated in the top 1% of his class and can't find a decent paying job with benefits. I know so many people that decided not to go to college and are making bank. Brett tries to do what he thinks is best and is ending up getting screwed(for lack of a better word). I know that something will come up but it just sucks waiting for it.

Jules has had a fever for the past 2 days because she is teething. This is the first time it's been really painful for her. It's the saddest thing. Jules is officially walking and loving it.
Living at my parents' house hasn't been as bad as we thought. Jules sleeps a lot more since the basement is darker. She gets spoiled rotten by grandma and grandpa when they get home from work. We all just help each other out and things are going great. Now if we could just get Brett a job...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the fun pictures!

Sometimes companies will hire "interns," or what they consider someone to be who has not had the official work experience that you often don't get with a college degree. Maybe he could look at those listings? Also, I know companies really like to see websites that the applicant designed. Does Brett have any of those or can he make one quick in his spare time? Jared's site wasn't that great at the time but they were still happy to see it.

I'm so sorry to hear about the teething. Caleb had three come in last week, and it wasn't pretty!!!

Rebecca said...

Good luck with the job market. We will be in your shoes (sort of) in about a year. It is scary and exciting all at the same time.

Tasha said...

I completely agree w/ you about the job. its seems like people get paid more for experience, rather than degrees! Sorry to hear that- something will turn out. And jules is getting so big- ryan says when we come back we will have to have you guys over- i agree! and teething man that makes for late nights!

Stephanie Salmon said...

It sucks trying to find a job but you just have to be patient. I got a good job after Ricks with no experience just because they were so impressed with my education. That will happen for you guys too!!