Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Luckiest Parents Ever

I just have to brag a little because we seriously are the luckiest parents ever. Jules has literally slept through the night since she was 3 weeks old. She hardly ever cries. If she does cry it's just because she's hungry or tired. Now that she can sit on her own she is perfectly content to just sit and play with her basket of toys and books. She loves being read to so I'll just sit and read her books and she'll sit still and listen. Here are some examples of her just playing with her toys.


Here's a picture of Jules hanging out with Grandpa Wilson. He was watching some sports and took her in with him and I didn't see her for about an hour. When I did go to check on her she just smiled and showed that she was having a great time.
I have to take her to work with me for a little over an hour on the days that I work and she'll just sit on my desk and allow me to work. I really don't know how we got so lucky. The other day I was working and ran home to get something. I walked in and Jules was asleep on the living room floor by all of her toys. Brett was on the computer and hadn't even realized it because she didn't fuss at all like she usually does when she's tired so he just thought she was still playing. Right when I was about ready to take a picture she woke up but it was so sweet. All I have to say is that I'm terrified for #2 to come. I've heard of way too many people having great first kids only to have a nightmare of a second. Don't worry though, #2 is not even close to coming so don't think this is any sort of an announcement.

Since Jules is on the floor most of her waking hours, she has discovered to scoot. She doesn't do it often, only if a toy is close enough that she can almost reach it. She hasn't discovered her hands and knees working together like a normal crawl yet so she just does the "army crawl" type thing. It's really cute. I'm excited for her to learn how to crawl but mostly I'm just terrified that our little angel is going to turn bad on us. For now we will just keep enjoying her.

To update you all on the movie we were in, I have some bad news. You can see me for about 1/2 a second and only my back as I round a corner way far in the distance. Good news for Brett is that you can see the back of his head for about 20 seconds. In that scene, he's right behind Neal McDonough and they are the only 2 in the scene...if I remember correctly. There are a couple of other times where Brett said he saw himself but I didn't see it because they were quick shots. It was a really good movie though and we recommend it to all of you. It won't come out for another several months though because they are going to make a few changes after seeing the reviews on it. In the mean time check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3h8lOeXBMs The main kid in this short film lives in our building and also works at Comedy Sportz. They won the LDS filmfestival short film for this. He was also called in by Chunga from 101.9 THE END, to be one of the new guys because Mister got "let go" since Chunga demanded more money. Anyway, they have been trying out about 10 different people for the new position so we are all hoping Matt gets the job.

1 comment:

The Critchfields said...

You are definately lucky parets, I couldn't believe how good she was when we were there (other then being afraid of my husband, hehehe) I hope I have a baby that is that good.