Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Christmas and other good stuff

So I realized that I like to just read peoples blogs and pictures really aren't that important so I guess I'll blog now. I'm really sad about our camera and we are still trying to find it especially because it had all of Christmas on it but I'm not too worried. We had a great Christmas. As many of you know, Brett's birthday is Christmas Eve but I have to say that we didn't do too much for it. We did go see "I am Legend" so that was fun. My family always has a party and dinner on Christmas Eve so we had that and did white elephant. Then we slept over at Brett's parents and woke up at 6:00am with Brett's nieces and nephews to open presents. It was a lot of fun to wake Jules up and she was so good. She didn't open presents very well but once we got home I showed her her gifts which were a doll and a glow worm and she loved them. She also got this cute butterfly thing and some block things. She really loves them and is all girl, it's so cute. Oh and she loves this talking cell phone that my niece left at our place. We had a good Christmas ourselves and decided to just buy our own gifts so we got what we wanted and didn't have to stress about getting the other person gifts. In the past I wouldn't have liked this idea but it was great this time. The most exciting part is that Jules just started to sit on her own on Christmas Eve. It's so funny how things happen all of a sudden like that. Seriously like 2 days before that I was trying to get her to sit and she just kept falling over. Now she is a pro and will do it for hours. Ok, not that long but still, she doesn't fall over. She's growing so fast and is always happy, she's so much fun now that she interacts more.

So I was just reading my sister-in-laws blog about her house being/not being haunted and I was brought back to a few days ago where I was totally freaked out. I went to my in-laws to do some laundry for them because we are taking care of their condos while they are out of town. I parked right next to the garage and Jules and I went inside for about 10 minutes maybe. I came out and started the car and there was a light on saying that my trunk was open. I thought that was kind of weird so I got out and closed it but noticed some foot tracks in the snow leading to the trunk from the drivers side but that's all. The tracks didn't go anywhere else. They could have been from before I guess but nobody else had parked there before to my knowledge since the snow was pretty fresh the day I went. I also know that I didn't pop my trunk or go close to that button in the car. There weren't footsteps coming in the driveway or from anywhere else. When I did close the trunk I did open it and there was nothing there. The only thing I could think of was that someone was in the garage when I got there and came out, opened the car and opened the trunk then went back into hiding in the garage. I know it's a pretty far stretch but what else am I supposed to think? I wasn't scared at the time and didn't think much of it but I keep thinking about it and now I'm scared to go over there. I could have pushed the button on the key-less entry to open the trunk and that's what I had decided before and that's why I wasn't scared before but it still doesn't explain the footsteps. So where Melissa's house is haunted, Ross and Tammy's is just invaded while they are out of town.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Okay - I hope you find your camera soon so we can see the pictures of Jules sitting. And...that is so wierd about the footprints - I can't believe you weren't scared. I would have been freaked out!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Stacie-
I am glad to hear you are still alive. Call us. Ashley

Melissa said...

That story made me laugh. KUH-RAZY!!