Sunday, December 13, 2009

Kids say (and do) the darnest things

We are trying to teach Jules to ask nicely the first time without us having to remind her to say please. When she demands something that she wants, we reply, "That's nice". So the other day she had this conversation with herself..."I want cheese, that's nice, can I have cheese please, in a minute". At least she reminded herself to say please. I must say, "in a minute" a lot.

I was coloring some FHE packets the other day and Jules wanted to come color next to me. I got the old markers and let her color. I had 2 of those smelly markers and told her to smell them. She made me smell the mint one. I told her it smelled like gum. She smells it again and looks at me and said, "Mom, you're so weird".

We had Libby's 6 month check-up the other day. Right when we got into the parking lot Jules started complaining that she needed to go poopies. She repeated it over and over. So we booked it into the building and head to the elevator. She continues to repeat over and over that she really needs to go poopies. I'm starting to get really nervous that she is going to diarrhea all over the place. We get to the office, I skip the check in as she announces to everyone that she needs to go poopies. We rush to the bathroom, it's occupied. We run to the other bathroom on the other side of the office, it's empty. She sits down on the potty and lets out this big fart. That's all, no poopies, just gas and she was good.

"What the heck?". She says that every now and again at really random times along with, dang it, holy cow, and you're so crazy. There are others but I can't think of any right now.

The phrase, "Who peed in your cheerios" brought on a whole new meaning to me yesterday. I was downstairs working on a project and Jules came upstairs. Heidi was upstairs studying so when Jules came down with a bowl of cheerios, I didn't think much about it. A little while later I came upstairs to find cheerios all over the counter, on the floor, and a puddle of pee.

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Hahaha.....I LOVE kid quotes!

heidi said...

Haha, I should have had my eyes on her a little more. :) The cheerios thing was HILARIOUS though!! :) I'm going to miss this so much!

Katy said...

I love listening to kids talk to themselves. I bet it was so funny to hear, "that's nice...In a minute." Jules is adorable.

Em said...

Cute kids!! Funny post, it made me laugh!

Stephanie Salmon said...

These are always my favorite posts!!! I can't wait to hear the things my little girl will say one day.

Matt and Suzanne said...

How CUTE! I love this...I too can't wait to hear what Grace will say. I guess until then I'll enjoy the silence :) ha ha jk. Your little family is too too cute!

Bridget said...

Hahahahaha! I loved everything about this post! So cute!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.