Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween!

Isn't his car a beauty? 2006 Hyundai Sonata. Great condition, 50K miles, only $9,500, anyone, anyone? Yup, we are trying to sell our car. Reason #1: Our registration is up this month and we don't want to pay to register it again. #2: We want a van. Now I know that some of you are thinking that we only have 2 kids and don't need a van and it's true. It was either a van or a truck because we always need something bigger for some reason and a van just seems more practical for now. So, if anyone wants a great car, let us know.
We carved pumpkins. We had my cousin over with her 2 kids and they helped out and we even made some Halloween cupcakes. It was a lot of fun. Brett's is the face, mine is the ghost, and that small one up there is a princess crown...sort of. I should have given Brett more instruction of what I was really thinking.

We finally finished our wall...mostly. We have had these frames on the wall for about 2 months now and finally filled them with our family pictures that we took 2 months ago. We still need to fill in the space under the "W" but at least it has pictures now. Kim, I'm waiting for a Mount Timpanogos picture.
On Saturday we threw a bridal shower for Brett's cousin once removed, Rachel, it was really last minute and we didn't get a ton of people but it was still fun.
Jules enjoying a red velvet cupcake at the shower.
Brett loves to take long, hot showers. So one day he was having fun and spelled out our names in the shower. Remember his is a 30 year old house. The people who remodeled the house decided to just paint over the old tile to make it "look good enough to sell". So obviously paint over tile doesn't last too long and Brett just scratched it off to spell our names.
Last night we had a ward Halloween Carnival that the YM/YW put on every year for the primary kids. This was one of my favorite costumes. 2 years ago when we were in the ward the mom made them into the Monsters Inc. characters and did a fabulous job. This year, she did the "Aladdin" theme. Aren't they adorable. I wish I got a picture of the dad and their 1 year old. He was Jafar and the baby was the parrot...so cute.
This is Jules looking all traumatized as Snow White. Grandma Wilson got these cute shoes that go perfectly with the dress. Jules loves the shoes. Unfortunately Jules woke up sick today so hopefully she will feel better by Saturday. I totally forgot to get pictures of Brett as Napoleon and Libby as a "princess in training". Stay tuned and we'll get some pictures on Saturday.
Libby is 5 months old today. I have been able to feed her at least rice for a month now, but haven't until yesterday. This is her today eating it up. My baby is so big. Time goes by so fast. She is so much fun, but the time is just passing way too fast.

6 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Wow, great post! I love the family picture where you can see the road you're sitting on. Love the pumpkins too. And about the halloween cosutmes, what about YOU? Did you dress up?

Katy said...

Cute photos! Libby really is growing up fast.

Em said...

That shower was really great!! Thanks for letting me spend some time with Libby! I hope Jules gets better!!! Cute Halloween stuff!! Cute Blog too!

rhodesfamily said...

I LOVE that wall-why don't ya come on over to my house and help me :) Ya, SC was a random vacation choice. We decided to fly somewhere before Mav turns 2 and we have to buy him a ticket :) Also, we've just heard a lot of good things about Myrtle Beach...so there ya go :)

Kelsey said...

Libby is getting so big! Crazy. I love your wall too! I need to do something like that.

Melissa said...

Um, Jules looks SO STINKING CUTE! Hope she was feeling well enough to enjoy the day!

The pumpkins are adorable. The crown one is cracking me up!