Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jules' Hair

I could say:
-That Jules found some scissors and cut her own hair
-That we went to a salon and the stylist did a horrible job
-That Brett cut it
-She woke up and it was all of a sudden short
-Or I could just admit that I cut it myself.

People have been telling me for a while that she needs a haircut and bangs, to get her hair out of her face...and for some reason I actually listened. I didn't think it would be too hard to do it myself, so I did. I got out my sewing scissors, which are huge, and went to town. I really thought I wasn't cutting off that much so I could have something to work with if I messed up. Well, it ended up being a lot shorter than I planned and wanted.

Disclaimer: This picture was taken right after a nap where Jules did sweat a lot and it got a lot worse looking.

Luckily my cousin is a stylist so we took her in and she fixed it up. It's still shorter than we wanted but we are getting used to it. At least now it has some shape and order to it.
Here is Jules and Libby. Libby is now 7 weeks old and doing really well. She is gaining weight like crazy which makes me sad because she's getting so big too fast.

I do love this stage though because she is really responding to us and smiling like crazy. She's so much fun.

Aren't these smiles priceless?

10 comments:

Melissa said...

You're CRAZY! I think the second shot where her bangs are swept to the side is DARLING! I actually really like them.

Libby looks like a five month old in these pictures. Cute, cute, cute smiles!

Hilary said...

Jules and Libby look so much alike! You've gotta love baby smiles. Libby is adorable and I actually really like Jules's haircut. It's perfect for summer. I bet it won't take too long to grow out though if you want it longer. I had been cutting my family's hair, but after seeing what a professional can do with them I feel like giving up. It's easier and more pleasant for me if I let someone else do it. Jayden behaves way better for my friend who is a sylist too, so I think it's worth the small fee. Maybe I'm just lazy though.

Jodi said...

I love the new haircut - I think those little bobs are SO cute on little girls...and it will be so nice for the summer!! DARLING!

Rebecca said...

What cuties. I love the hair and the adorable smiles.

Tasha said...

HA- i love the hair cutting story! I think all kids go through that! =) That is too funny- not for parents i am sure though! and your little libby is getting so much bigger. we should all hang out sometime and catch up!

rhodesfamily said...

I say good for you just for attempting! And actually, I thought it looked pretty good! :) Such little cuties!!

The Critchfields said...

It is always worth trying- I don't think it looked that bad- your kids are adorable!

Kimberli Norton said...

So I am SOOOO excited that you will be coming on the 22nd. I asked for it off work, and I am all for hanging out!!! I am SO excited. I hope that it is still going to work out. Let me know!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

heidi said...

I love her hair. It looks so cute and sassy!
Libby is getting so big! You're girls are adorable!
I can't wait to see more of them. See you in a week!

Andrew and Andrea Caldwell said...

I love the hair. It is shoet like mine now! Both of our daughters are adorable!