Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hogle Zoo

Nothing will stop me. Even though I'm having a baby tomorrow it didn't stop me from going to the zoo today. I have been wanting to go to the zoo for a while now and wanted to something fun with Jules before the baby comes. Jules loves animals and knows what sounds they all make. Brett's mom didn't think it was a good idea that I go alone just in case something happened so she came along too. She really wanted to go to the zoo anyway and it was a ton of fun. Crazy thing is that grandma got stung by a bee within the first minute we were there. Here are a few pictures.

She had to squat because I was squatting. I was only squatting to be closer to her and show her the cool birds.

She loved the carousel. She wasn't too sure about it at first but didn't want to get off when it was all over.
This is me really feeling like an ape. Good thing the pregnancy will all be over soon.
Jules would not pose for this picture until I did it with her. After that, we couldn't get her away from it.
This is a really cool elephant. It has a sensor on it and squirts water if you stand in front of it. Jules saw the water and was scared of it. Finally we got her to pose for a picture and eventually she did stand in front of it and got a little wet. It mostly got grandma wet though.
Another thing she was terrified of at first. Of course the things she talks about the most now are the elephant that got her wet and the drink she got from the lion. She gets so excited talking about the zoo.
She also loved playing with the ball that went in circles and was all wet.
I'm so glad that we were able to take the afternoon off and spend it having fun. There was a lot that I would have liked to do at the house to be a little more prepared and organized but I wouldn't remember that in the future. This is something that I will always remember doing the day before the baby came. We will post pictures of the baby as soon as we can. Hopefully we will have a name picked out by then huh?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!

Jodi said...

You should have called us - we would have gone with you! My kids have been asking to go to the zoo for a couple of weeks! Glad you had fun...good luck tomorrow!

Stephanie Salmon said...

I love zoos! You are amazing for going the day before you give birth. And you look amazing too, for the same reason. Good luck with everything. I'll have to come visit you sometime and meet both your kids. :)

The Critchfields said...

I'm so excited for you, best of luck!

Katy said...

Go Supermom!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you did something so fun together. I love the zoo photos. :D Jules is lucky!

Bridget said...

I hope everything is and has been going great today! I can't wait to see your new little girl! :)