Monday, November 17, 2008

The Day Finally Came

The long awaited day of going to the nursery arrived. Now I have worked in the nursery before and some of those kids were not happy when mom and dad left them all alone. Not the case with Jules. We brought her to the door and she was gone. She did turn around long enough to tell us good-bye and that was that. I was able to sit and listen to the rest of church in peace. I was able to lead the music in Relief Society without Jules coming up to the front and sucking on the chalk and eraser. It was beautiful and the time past much faster than before. I didn't have to bring a diaper bag full of toys and food to keep her entertained for 3 full hours. There was one time that I peaked through the window to see how she was doing and she was just playing and looked all grown up. There was a part of me at that point that was a little sad to see how big she has gotten but most of me just enjoyed the peace. All the leaders told me that she did really well and fit right in. This is a picture of the first projects "she" made from nursery that she is so proud of. I was lucky enough to get a big hug when I went to pick her up so she really does love me. I think she was just confused that I had been holding out on her this whole time.


On another note...Jules loves to get into the pantry. Every time I open it, she is able to squeeze herself in and get her treats which are just some Kix. I was finally able to get a picture of her in there. Look at how innocent she looks.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yayyyyy for Nursery! How great! I'm glad church was a bit more enjoyable for you this week.

Kellie-n-Sterling said...

I remember that was 4 of the best days EVER!!! When Kaylie, Brooklynn, Lily and Landon went to nursery! Peace and Joy all around!!! Especially when lily and landon went in... Man those were a crazy few years before that! Jules is so stinkin cute!!! She's totally innocent!

Meredith said...

Oh Jules! She is such a big girl in nursery. I can't believe it...time flies.

Jodi said...

I LOVE it when they are old enough for nursery! It's always such a great day! Good for Jules!

Janae Walker said...

i hope reed is the same way! cross our fingers....only 10 months to go :) oh, i loved the halloween costumes!!!